template

Thursday, May 31, 2012

Don't get Crabby!! 5 more days of school!!

Hello bloggers!

I don't know how far along you are in the year, but we are down to 5 sweet little days!!  Now, I love my job but holy wow am I excited for summer!!

These last two week can get really tricky to plan.  EOG testing is over, but now we have to remediate the students who did not pass the test, continue teaching the students who did, and retest the students who didn't.  It can be overwhelming planning for kids that you do not normally teach.  I am the teacher from our grade level who has been working with the students who passed their EOG reading test.  I can honestly say that I have loved working with this group! 

I decided to go with an "oceans" theme, with summer being right around the corner, and figured I would share what we have been up to!

After learning about fish in different zones of the ocean, we made a "can, have, are" poster.

I decided to read "The Magic School Bus On the Ocean Floor".  They love the characters in this book, and they really enjoyed the fun facts throughout!

We learned about tide pools and animals that live in them, and made some crabs!  Paints and handprints!


So anyway, the reason behind the title of my post:  It can be tough not to turn into a crab at the end of the year.  But, if I can stay positive and make the last few days as fun as possible, I think the kids will in turn make it a little easier on me:)

Just keep swimming!

No comments:

Post a Comment