template

Monday, July 22, 2013

Changes are coming!

Hello blog world!

It has literally been 7 months since I posted anything...slacker much?  Things were just really busy and crazy with school, and I needed to prioritize my time.  Unfortunately, that meant blogging took a backseat.  When I logged on today, it felt good to find out my followers have almost doubled during my absence!  Wow-Thanks to all of you for your support!

Part of the reason that I have been absent is that I have been in the process of making some life changes-one being that I am leaving the classroom.  I decided to pursue a degree in administration, and I will be going back to school for the next 2 years with the North Carolina Principal Fellows Program.  This has been a REALLY exciting change for me, but I also find myself sad at the thought that I won't have "my kids" anymore.  It's kind of like that bittersweet feeling that you get on the last day of school, but a lot worse!  I LOVE teaching, and I will miss it TERRIBLY.  But, I think that a degree in school administration is the best decision for my family in the long run, so that is the path I will take.  Hopefully, I can work in an elementary school, so that I won't be too far removed from sweet kiddos.  I also get time with little ones at church on Sundays, and that helps!

There have been a few other changes and events in my life too-Here are the last 7 months in a flash!
My litte bro graduated from college!  Arrgh!  So proud of him!

One of my besties and I ran the Flying Pirate Half Marathon in Kitty Hawk, NC.  I beat my PR by 30 minutes, and lost 15 pounds while training!

My husband and I revisited our honeymoon destination in Gatlinburg TN, and did some hiking-Both of these are photos from one of the hikes that we did.

I am actually standing at the edge of a cliff in this photo, but it is so hard to tell because of the giant CLOUD that blew in when we reached the jump off!

My mom retired from a lifetime career in education!  Talk about inspiration!

So, with all of the changes that will be going on in my life, I do intend to continue to post about the goings on that happen, but I will no longer be a third grade teacher, so the content may change a bit.  Thank you so much for all of your support over the past couple of years.  Get out there and enjoy some of that summer sun!

No comments:

Post a Comment