template

Sunday, April 17, 2011

Bucket Fillers

After looking through a lot of my favorite teacher blogs, I saw this idea of "Bucket Fillers", and thought it was pretty cute! And, as we all know, the end of the year can be a tricky time for managing the kids.  I introduced the bucket fillers during March, and started by reading the book How Full is Your Bucket?  The kids loved the book!  It talks about making sure that we lift people up with kind words instead of tearing them down.  I bought an over the door shoe holder and hung it up at the front of the room for each child to have their own "bucket".  The kids have the option of dropping in a note to their friends buckets throughout the day.  My only rule is that you must drop a kind note into a different bucket each time.....that way we avoid this becomming a popularity contest!





No comments:

Post a Comment