template

Sunday, September 18, 2011

Moon Journals

This week, we are going to start studying the moon!  I have found so many cute resources while perusing blogs, including this FREE OREO moon lesson, that I totally plan on using.  I found it at Homegrown Learners.  I love using food to teach!!  Yum!!

After two years of suffering through moon journals, I have decided it is time for a change!  I was not providing my kids with enough structure and information to do the moon journal, and actually learn from it.  It turned into a waste of time, because I didn't help them organize their drawings.  Blechh.  I am sad for the two groups of students that have already left me with a less than perfect moon journal experience, but I am hoping this year to step up the game a little!  I made this moon journal template that you can download for FREE! 


My Moon Journal

2 comments:

  1. Hi! I am so glad you could use the Oreo moon phases! My kids loved it! Best wishes to you for a great year in third grade!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to use this but Scribd charges for access. Do you have it available anywhere else?

    ReplyDelete