template

Sunday, May 13, 2012

Holy long time no blog!!!

Hello blog world!!  I feel like I have not had a single second to get online and get blogging since idkkkkk January?  (January 9th to be exact:))

The main reason for this is my stress load at school.  This is only my 3rd year teaching, so I only have two other groups of students to compare them too, but this group of kids is demanding a lot of my time.  I have definitely had to learn a lot about differentiated instruction this year, that is for sure!  Not to mention all those little 3 letter acronyms that consume most of my time at home.  IEP, PEP, EOG, PLC......you get the drift.  Anddd to top it all of NC is going over to the common core, which is a good thing, but is something that I am going to have to learn about.

The second reason for my leave of absence has been that my BESTIE was getting married!!!  And, being the matron of honor, I had a LOT of matronly duties to attend to:)


Me (left) and Grayson back in 3rd grade!!

But, I am back now, and have really missed catching up on all of the inspirational things that you all have to say!!  Blogging is definitely an outlet for me to find out what other teachers are doing and going through, and I can't wait to get caught back up!

Here are a few highlights from my few months while I was out of the loop!!


Valentine Candy Heart Graphing


Our class was donated a set of chapter books (Loser by Jerry Spinelli)  from Donor's Choose!!


I've been wondering:

**How did changing to the common core make teaching different for you?

**How do you find it easiest to differentiate instruction??

No comments:

Post a Comment