template

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Hurricane Irene




Hurricane Irene hit Greenville NC full force.  It is so sad!  Needless to say, we made it to school last Thursday and Friday, and haven't been back.  We have had teacher workdays, but unfortunately, many of the schools in Pitt County, my school included, do not have power.  I am hoping that we will be able to get back to school soon, but it is not looking good.  I feel terrible for my sweet babies who have not had power for 4 days now.   I didn't have power for 2 days, and I feel like I am still cleaning and restocking the fridge.  I have also spent the past 3 days cleaning my parents yard.  YIKES-they had 8 trees down in their yard alone.  I have posted some pictures of the damage in Greenville.  The pictures were taken by my friend Nic Boerio.  The website, http://www.justsomefire.com/, has a link to his and his friend's blog...check it out!









No comments:

Post a Comment